Wedding Paperwork in UT & AZ

Wedding Paperwork

Here you’ll find an overview of everything you need to know about our marriage license and ceremony services. All services are in accordance with the laws in the United States of America.
For legal confirmation of your marriage after your wedding, you will need the following:

A Wedding License

A wedding license is required for the wedding to be recognized in the USA. Wedding licenses can be requested in Arizona and Utah on the wedding day, but it is advisable to apply for the license the day before. In some counties, you can make an appointment online. However, please note that if you want to obtain the license yourself on-site, the office is closed on weekends, and you’ll have to pay the fee in cash on the spot.

A Marriage Witness

In Arizona and Utah, it’s required to have two marriage witnesses. You are invited to bring two or more individuals whom you would prefer to be your witnesses. Alternatively, we can arrange reliable witnesses who will be present at your ceremony and allow all wedding paperwork for Utah or Arizona to be legalized.

An Apostille

If you’re a resident from outside the USA, an apostille is needed for the wedding to be recognized in your home country. An apostille is simply a specialized certificate that authenticates your marriage in the USA. To receive an apostille, it must be requested in the state in which the wedding was performed. We are happy to take over this for you, as it can take anywhere from 1-7 days to process, depending on the state. Please keep in mind, your registry office may require a translation.
If you would like your marriage to be legally recognized in your country, please let us know. We are happy to help you ensure that all the necessary documents are obtained and the legal requirements are met.


At Wild West Wedding, we are authorized to perform legal wedding ceremonies in all states of the U.S. We officiate your wedding as certified ministers.
Need assistance with your wedding paperwork in Utah or Arizona? We are happy to take over this for you.