Everything you need to know about marriage law in the U.S.

For legally confirm your marriage after your wedding, you will need the following:

Wedding License

A wedding license is required for the wedding to be recognized in America. This can be requested in Arizona and Utah on the wedding day, but it is advisable to apply for the license the day before. At some counties you can make an appointment online. Note, if you want to solve the license yourself on site, that the office is closed on weekends and you have to pay the fee in cash on the spot.

Marriage witness

In Arizona and Utah is it necessary to have two marriage witnesses.


The apostille is needed for the wedding to be recognized in your country, if you are a resident from outside of the USA. This must be requested in the state in which the wedding was performed. We are happy to take over this for you, as it can take anywhere from 1-7 days, depending on the state. Your registry office may require a translation.

If you wish your marriage to be legally recognized in your country, please let us know. We are happy to help you.

Credentials of Ministry

We are authorized to perform legal weddings in all states of America. We officiate your wedding as certified ministers.


Need assistance with the paperwork? We are happy to take over this for you.
Just have a look at our Paperwork-Service.